Doctorate of Philosophy in Industrial Engineering
The Industrial Engineering (IE) Department has taken the initiative to offer an ambitious PhD program in order to complement the role of KSU in providing highly qualified human resources and distinguished researchers and innovators and in strongly contributing in finding solutions of the technical problems of the industrial society. The program is designed to give the student greater breadth and depth of technical and practical industrial engineering knowledge and skills that are necessary for developing a knowledge-based industry and solving effectively and efficiently the encountered problems that face the industrial revolution of the country.
To provide world-class PhD education and research in industrial engineering and to prepare scholars for top careers in academia, government, and industry.
The objectives of the program are to:
- Prepare a new generation of distinguished faculty in the light of the recent extensions in higher education nationwide.
- Train the qualified human resources to contribute in the R&D areas related to the various industrial engineering fields
- Support the efforts of the practitioners in the industry in reducing the technical problems that face the sector through proposing PhD dissertations that consider and adequately solve real industrial problems.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Perform research and apply scientific research methodology and place the results in a broader context and critically evaluate their own and others' research (PLO.1).
- Convey and transfer the state of knowledge professionally (PLO.2).
- Develop clear and effective written description and oral presentation of substantive technological content of publications, grant projects and conference presentations (PLO.3).
- Manage multi research activities with ethical research behavior (PLO.4).
- Address with excellence the acquired knowledge to various institutions, including universities, industry and research labs, think tanks, and also which that enhances scholarship and public impact (PLO.5).
General Admission Requirements for Graduate Studies
- Applicant should be a Saudi or on a formal scholarship if not a Saudi.
- Holding a university degree from a Saudi university or from another recognized one.
- Proving good conduct and being medically fit.
- Submitting two academic recommendations from professors who have taught the applicant.
- Employer's approval, if the applicant is an employee; in very limited circumstances this approval may be postponed until enrollment into courses
- Ph. D. studying requires full-time study and University Council may make an exception when the need arises
- Holding a master's degree in Industrial Engineering or a related discipline with (very good).
- Scoring a minimum of 61 points in (TOEFL-IBT), or 500 points in (IELTS), or 75 points in (SEPT).
- Total full-time for a period of not less than two academic years after termination of courses and registration of the Ph. D thesis.
- Personal meeting with the department.
- Scoring a minimum of 70 points in the General Aptitude Test, or 144 points in GRE Quantitative Section.
For more details: https://dgs.ksu.edu.sa/
To know more about the study plan, click HERE
List of publications
List of publication of 2018-2019, click HERE