Higher Diploma in Occupational Safety Engineering
This program was designed to improve the skills of professionals in the field of occupational safety and health. This diploma offers the theoretical and practical skills necessary to develop those professionals’ capabilities of protecting lives and property from damage by accidents. In addition, it provides the skills necessary for curbing hazards and accidents, improving quality and efficiency and minimizing loss due to accidents and injuries.
Program Objective and Outcomes
The objective of the higher diploma program in occupational safety engineering is to provide private and public sectors with qualified engineers capable of handling their responsibilities and duties in the field of occupational health and safety. Achieving this objective will elevate the performance level of doing their duties and enhancing the role of occupational health and safety in the workplace. In particular, the program aims at developing the following skills and capabilities among the diploma students:
- Preparing safety systems strategies.
- Analyzing risk in the workplace and designing effective safety programs to deal with hazards.
- Preparing plans to execute safety programs.
- Operating safety programs.
- Reviewing safety programs and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Evaluating safety programs by comparing their results with applicable safety standards in Saudi Arabia.
- Mastering the ways of improving awareness of safety importance in the workplace.
- Mastering the methods to spread occupational safety culture.
- Evaluating and auditing safety system programs in different types of workplaces.