Master of Science Program in Industrial Engineering
The Master of Science Program in Industrial Engineering was launched in year 1407 H (1987 G). The program offers a Master of Science degree in Industrial Engineering. The curriculum for the program is designed to give the student greater breadth and depth of technical and practical industrial engineering knowledge. The program allows the student to specialize in one of the following three areas: Industrial Systems Engineering, Manufacturing Systems Engineering, and Human Systems Engineering. These are distinct areas, each tailored to specific IE career needs and characterized by both breadth and depth in its curriculum.
The student can get the Master of Science degree by taking one of the following two options:
- Complete successfully 24 credit hours, in addition to, finishing a master thesis (IE 600) on a selected research topic (Thesis Option).
- Complete successfully 39 credit hours, in addition to, finishing a graduation project (IE 599) on a selected research topic (Non-Thesis Option).
The objective of the Master of Science Program in Industrial Engineering is to qualify students to be capable of handling engineering skills and duties in professional way. This will be achieved by doing the following:
- Improve students' skills by providing them with the latest advanced engineering technologies in the field of Industrial Engineering.
- Improve students' knowledge by expose them to the up to date engineering researches and theories in the field of Industrial Engineering.
- Enhance students' capabilities in the field of improving industrial systems and technical services.
- Activate all cooperative aspects and scientific research activities between the university and the government and private sectors in order to participate in improving the efficiency of these sectors.
General Admission Requirements for Graduate Studies
- Applicant should be a Saudi or on a formal scholarship if not a Saudi
- Holding a university degree from a Saudi university or from another recognized one.
- Proving a good conduct and being medically fit.
- Submitting two academic recommendations from professors who have taught applicant.
- Employer's approval, if applicant is an employee; in very limited circumstances this approval may be postponed until enrollment into courses.
- Msc. studying requires full time study and University Council may make exception when the need arises
- Holding a bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering with a GPA of at least "Very Good" (3.75 out of 5) or a cumulative GPA, and that of indusial engineering courses, are no less than 6.75 out of 10.
- Applicants from other engineering disciplines should hold a bachelor degree with a GPA of at least "Very Good".
- Scoring a minimum of 61 points in (TOEFL-IBT), or 500 points in (IELTS), or 75 points in (SEPT).
- Scoring a minimum of 70 points in General Aptitude Test, or 144 points in GRE Quantitative Section.
For more details : https://dgs.ksu.edu.sa/