The college Dean is the president of the Council and he is represented by the most senior Vice Dean during his absence or when his position is vacant). Council members are the college Dean, heads of academic departments, and three selected faculty members, one of them is preferred to be the representative of the college in the University Scientific Council. The terms of their membership are determined by a decision of the University Council, provided that one of the College’s Vice Deans is assigned as the Secretary of the Council. The College Council holds two meetings every month. The council consists of the Dean as the chair of the council, Vice Dean for Development and Quality, Vice Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, Vice Dean for Educational and Academic Affairs, Chairmen of departments and three other faculty members at large one of them is the college's representative at the scientific council.
College Council Rules
- The College Council meets at least once a month, and a meeting is not valid unless two thirds of its members are present.
- Meetings are held on Mondays at ten o'clock in the morning.
- Members are obligated to attend all regular and extraordinary meetings of the Council at the specified time, with the necessity of obtaining permission from the chairman of the Council if they wish to leave the meeting for any reason during the sessions or if they are unable to attend.
- The secretary of the Council, in consultation with the Dean, sets the agenda, the dates of the sessions and send invitations to the Council members through the University's electronic Majalis system.
- To include any topic in any session, a request must be received by the college administration before the end of the working hours on the Thursday prior to the session. On the same day, the Council members are invited to attend the session and the scheduled topics are made available on Majalis electronic system for reviews and comments.
- Topics that are not commented on in the Majalis system will not be discussed, assuming everyone agrees on them.
- Council decisions are issued by an absolute majority of the votes of the members present, and in case of equality, the side on which the president is on will prevail.
- The president of the Council directs the discussion during the sessions, confirms the smooth conduct of the work of the Council sessions and applies the system against violators.
- The Council study the topics on the agenda and provides its opinion and recommendations.
- The president of the Council approves the transactions electronically or on paper, as the case may be, and forward them to the concerned authorities.
- The decisions of the Council shall be considered valid unless objectionable by His Excellency the Rector of the University within (15) fifteen days from the reception date. If he objects to it, he returns it to the College Council with his point of view to study it again. If the Council maintains its opinion, the objected decision is referred to the University Council for decision in the first ordinary or exceptional session, and the University Council has the right to ratify, amend or cancel the decision, and its decision in that is final.
- Board members are obligated to respect the confidentiality of deliberations, not to disclose the confidentiality of files and information that they may have access to, and to protect them from illegal disclosure. The system shall be applied against violators.
- The decisions issued by the Council represent the opinion of the Council regardless of the positions of the members during discussion or voting.
College Council Duties
- Propose permanent or temporary committees from among its members or from others.
- Encouraging the preparation and coordination of scientific research among the College departments and working to publish it.
- Consider faculty members, lecturers, teaching assistants, appointment, delegation, and promotion.
- Follow up the preparation and revision of study plans in the academic departments.
- Supervising the preparation of curricula and the selection of textbooks and references in the college departments.
- Follow up on preparing the necessary training and scholarship plans for the college.
- Deciding on student matters that fall within its role and otherwise directing them to the University Council.
- Considering what is referred to it by the University Council, President, Deputy or Dean of the College for study and recommendations.
- Suggesting or modifying the methods used for evaluating students' performance.
College Council Members
- Prof. Musaed N. J. AlAwad (COE Dean, Council President).
- Dr. Majid L. AlTamimi (Vice Dean for Development and Quality, Council Member and Secretary).
- Prof. Abdulmohsen A. AlBedah (Vice Dean for Graduate Studies and Research, Council Member).
- Dr. Abdulrahman A. Bin Mahmoud (Vice Dean for Educational and Academic Affairs, Council Member).
- Dr. Yousef R. AlHarbi (Chairman of the Civil Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Ahmed S. AlMiman (Chairman of the Electrical Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Zeyad A. Alsuhaibani (Chairman of the Mechanical Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Abdulaziz A. AlGhyamah (Chairman of the Chemical Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Mohammed A. AlMobarky (Chairman of the Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Ali M. AlSamhan (Chairman of the Industrial Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Mansour S. AlHoshan (Chemical Engineering Department, Council Member, COE Representative at King Saud University Scientific Council).
- Dr. Fahd. K. Bin Walah (Civil Engineering Department, Council Member).
- Dr. Ibrahim A. AlMohaidib (Industrial Engineering Department, Council Member).