Vision, Mission, PEOs, and SOs
To be internationally recognized as a premier academic Department of Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
- Providing high-quality educational programs, training and research activities.
- Graduating students with required skills to compete at international level.
- Attracting and developing high caliber faculty members.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Graduates will perform as highly-skilled engineers in the local and international petroleum and natural gas industry.
- Graduates will continue to learn, improve and evolve in their jobs.
- Graduates may pursue higher education to participate in academia and involve in research.
Students Outcomes (SOs)
- SO1: An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- SO2: An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- SO3: An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- SO4: An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts.
- SO5: An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- SO6: An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- SO7: An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.