|Vision and Mission|
1- The department vision:
“The vision of the department is to become the first choice in the Gulf region for all motivated students who wish to pursue mechanical engineering education.”
2- The department mission:
"The mission of the mechanical engineering program is to prepare mechanical engineering graduates to fulfill the technological needs of society, excel in working professionally in the field, and successfully compete internationally with their peers"
3- Program goals
Goal 1: Prepare mechanical engineering graduates who can compete in the dynamic global engineering market.
Goal 2: Develop a high quality-teaching/learning program that keeps pace with the dynamic global engineering market.
4. The program educational objectives:
1. ME graduates will have successful careers in mechanical engineering, or will successfully complete graduate and professional studies in mechanical and related disciplines.
2. ME graduates will possess a high degree of professionalism.
3. ME graduates will have the ability to apply practical knowledge in the global marketplace and the will to continuously develop their skills throughout their careers
5. Program learning outcomes:
SO1. An ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
SO2. An ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
SO3. An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
SO4. An ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
SO5. An ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
SO6. An ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
SO7. An ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.