GRADUTE PROGRAMS in CIVIL ENGINEERING
- Educational Objectives of Master of Science in Civil Engineering
- Master of Science Program Outcomes:
The graduate studies in the Civil Engineering Department started in 1401H (1981G) with the M.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering, followed by the Ph.D. program in Civil Engineering in 1420H (2000G).
The M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Civil Engineering are available in the following CE specializations:
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Geotechnical Engineering
To be a globally recognized graduate program in civil engineering education, innovation and technological advancement in building the knowledge economy.
- To provide a distinguished high-quality graduate education program to attain and sustain the excellence in civil engineering industry during the 21st century.
- To provide highly qualified specialized civil engineers to promote civil engineering knowledge and applications to meet the future challenges through their technical and leadership skills.
- To serve the society through involvement in knowledge sharing outreach and professional activities that include innovative research, developing new technologies, continuing education and professional development.
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates of MSc program are prepared to:
- Implement civil engineering specialized knowledge to create high-quality systems and attain the excellence in civil engineering infrastructure
- Improve their technical awareness and leadership skills through life-long learning, implementing recent technologies and professional development
- Contribute time, knowledge and skills to lead the profession and serve the community, and the nation beyond job responsibilities.
How to Apply?
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Application form (obtained from Deanship of Graduate Studies).
2. Certified transcript of academic record(s).
3. Two letters of recommendation.
4. A written permission from the applicant’s employer.