Master of Science Program in Civil Engineering College of Engineering
MASTER’S PROGRAM in CIVIL ENGINEERING
The main aims for establishing the program are:
- To provide highly qualified Engineers with variety of civil engineering specializations who can fulfil the construction industry needs and challenges to promote the Kingdom’s continuous economic and social inspirations.
- To highly qualified human resources and distinguished researchers equipped with the specialized knowledge, recent technologies and professional developments needed to create high-quality systems, attain the excellence in civil engineering infrastructure and solve the technical problems and challenges in CE industry.
- To provide the graduates with greater breadth and depth of technical knowledge, skills and competence to promote the rapid growth and advancements in different CE specializations. This is necessary for solving effectively and efficiently the encountered problems and challenges that face the infrastructure development of the Kingdom through its 2030 vision.
The M.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering is available in the following CE specializations:
- Structural Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Construction Engineering and Management
- Geotechnical Engineering
Provide a distinguished high-quality graduate education program to promote Civil Engineering applications and produce specialized Civil Engineers to attain a sustainable excellence in Civil Engineering industry during the 21st century, and to serve the society through involvement in knowledge sharing outreach, innovative research, developing new technologies, continuing education and professional activities…
Graduates of MSc program are prepared to:
- Implement civil engineering specialized knowledge to create high-quality systems and attain the excellence in civil engineering infrastructure
- Improve their technical awareness and leadership skills through life-long learning, implementing recent technologies and professional development
- Contribute time, knowledge and skills to lead the profession and serve the community, and the nation beyond job responsibilities.
- Recognize advanced engineering knowledge, concepts and techniques to identify, interpret and analyze complex and real-life engineering problems.
- Provide solution for complex and real-life engineering problems through critical thinking and using modern engineering tools and identify its impact on social and ethical issues.
- Investigate scientific research problems independently or through a team work using critical thinking, appropriate techniques , advanced tools, and management principles.
- Criticize and discuss scientific research reports /papers related to Civil Engineering issues with high level of ethics and proficiency, independently, or as a team work.
- Design novel advanced Civil Engineering systems and evaluate its performance and effectiveness for engineering practice and its impact on society.
How to Apply?
Applicants must submit the following:
- Application form (obtained from Deanship of Graduate Studies).
- Certified transcript of academic record(s).
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A written permission from the applicant’s employer (if necessary).