The Ph.D. program in Civil Engineering commenced in 1419/ 1420H after the Department’s M.Sc. program was successfully established. This program responds to the needs of national research and development centers for highly qualified specialists in Civil Engineering capable of effective contributions to complex scientific and technical projects.
Aims of the PhD Program:
1. To broaden the knowledge of graduate students and enhance their scientific and academic performance.
2. To meet the needs of national universities and research and development centers for highly qualified faculty members and specialists in Civil Engineering who are capable of effective contributions to complex scientific and technical projects.
Area of Specialization:
1. Structural Engineering.
2. Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering.
3. Transportation Engineering.
4. Environmental Engineering.
5. Construction Engineering & Management.
6. Geotechnical Engineering.
Admission For PhD Program:
1. The applicant must have a Master degree in Civil Engineering from King Saud University or its equivalent with a (B) grade or “Very Good” at least.
2. The candidate must obtain a score of at least 450 points in the TOEFL English language examination.
PhD Degree Requirements:
1. Completing 18 credit hours of course work from the approved graduate courses.
2. Passing the Ph.D. qualifying comprehensive exam.
3. Satisfactory completion of two years Ph.D. dissertation.
How to Apply?
Applicants must submit the following:
1. Application form (obtained from Deanship of Graduate Studies).
2. Certified transcript of academic record(s).
3. Two letters of recommendation.
4. A written permission from the applicant’s employer.
To the dean of graduate studies.