Engineer Tarek Al-Kasabi Award for Excellence in Civil Engineering in Saudi Arabia
About the Al-Kasabi Award
In 2015, Engineer Tarek Al-kasabi had generously sponsored an annually reward under the name of “Engineer Tarek Al-Kasabi award for excellence in Civil Engineering in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia”. This prestigious award is given to those scientist, engineers and researchers who have demonstrated outstanding published contributions (journal papers or patents) within any of the of civil engineering disciplines. The award is administered by the Department of Civil Engineering of King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The total award presented is SR 100,000 (One hundred thousand Saudi Riyals). The award grant is divided as follow:
- First place: SR 50,000 (Fifty thousand Saudi Riyals).
- Second place: SR 30,000 (Thirty thousand Saudi Riyals).
- Third place: SR 20,000 (Twenty thousand Saudi Riyals).
The award is given for demonstrating outstanding contributions within all the affiliated fields in Civil Engineering:
- Geotechnical Engineering;
- Structural Engineering;
- Water Resources Engineering;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Transportation Engineering;
- Construction Management Engineering; and
- Surveying Engineering.
In this competition, two categories of work can apply:
- The first category: published research papers in a peer reviewed ISI journal.
- The second category: any Granted Patent or innovative contribution, recognized by a reputed National or International organization.
The award will be given based on the total score gained:
- For the first category, the score of the submitted research will be calculated based on the value of the research to the Kingdom; Rank of the journal (in which the research was published), the journal’s Impact factor; number of citations of the research, etc.
- In the second category, the score will be scored based on the value of the patent to the Kingdom; Patent or innovation’s commercial value; reputation of the Patent granting office etc.
The eligible candidates for Al-kasabi award are:
- University faculty members, researchers, and scientists working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Engineers who are licensed to practice in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Graduate students studying in one of the Saudi Universities and they are first author in their submitted research.
- Graduate Saudi students studying outside the Kingdom provided that their research is applicable to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and they are first author in their submitted research.
- The candidate, as a principal investigator or co-investigator, was not the recipient of the last Al-kasabi award.
Eligible Researches, Patents and Innovations:
- The submitted research should have potential to be applied and must have been published in a peer review scientific ISI journal during the last five years.
- The submitted research was not awarded previously by Al-kasabi or any other organization.
- If the submitted work is a patent, it must be granted during the last 5 years.
- If the submitted work is an innovation, it must have received the approval of a reputed National or International organization.
- The award will be given at an annual ceremony and the winner(s) of the award will be notified one week before the date of the ceremony.
Nomination Form click here
The nomination form is available at:
How to Apply:
Submit the following documents to the Head of the Scientific Committee of the Award electronically at the address firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 16/01/2020:
- Duly filled nomination form.
- Two copies of the submitted research or Patent or innovation in a PDF format, one of them without the names of the researchers or inventors.
- A copy of the first page of the corresponding published scientific paper, if applied under the first category
- A copy of the corresponding granted patent or innovation, if applied under the second category
- A brief CV of the applicant.
For inquiries please contact the Head of the Scientific Committee on: