Engineer Tarek Al-Kasabi Award for Excellence in Civil Engineering in Saudi Arabia
About the Al-Kasabi Award
Al-Kasabi award was instituted in 2015 by the endowment of Engineer Tarek Al-kasabi. This prestigious Award is annually given to those Scientist, Engineers or Researchers who have demonstrated outstanding contributions to one or more of the fields of Civil Engineering. The award is administered by the Department of Civil Engineering of King Saud University, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The total award money is SR 100, 000/- (One hundred thousand Saudi Riyals). The award grant is divided equally if there is more than one winner.
The award is given for demonstrating outstanding contributions to any of the following fields of Civil Engineering.
- Geotechnical Engineering;
- Structural Engineering;
- Water Resources Engineering;
- Environmental Engineering;
- Transportation Engineering;
- Construction Management Engineering; and
- Surveying Engineering.
There are two categories of the award:
- In the first category, a research paper published in a peer reviewed scientific ISI journal can be claimed for the award.
- In the second category, any Granted Patent or innovative contribution, recognized by a reputed National or International organization, can be claimed for the award.
The award will be given based on the total score gained:
- In the first category, the score of the submitted research will be calculated based on the Value of the research to the Kingdom; Rank of the journal (in which the research was published), the journal’s Impact factor; number of citations of the research etc.
- In the second category, the score will be obtained based on Value of the patent to the Kingdom; Patent or innovation’s commercial value; reputation of the Patent granting office etc.
The eligible candidates for Al-kasabi award are:
- University Faculty members, Researchers, and Scientists working in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Engineers who are licensed to practice in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Graduate students studying in one of the Saudi Universities.
- Graduate Saudi students studying outside the Kingdom provided that their research is applicable to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and they are either first or corresponding author in their submitted research.
- The candidate, as a principal investigator or co-investigator, was not the recipient of the last Al-kasabi award.
Eligible Researches, Patents and Innovations:
- The submitted research should be the applied research and must have been published in a peer review scientific ISI journal during the last five years. The research paper published before 2014 will not be considered for the award.
- The submitted research was not awarded previously by Al-kasabi or any other organization.
- If the submitted work is a patent, it must be granted during the last 5 years. Patents granted before 2014 will not be considered for the award.
- If the submitted work is an innovation, it must have received the approval of a reputed National or International organization.
- The award will be given at the annual ceremony. In the current year, the annual ceremony will be held on April 11, 2019. This ceremony will also be sponsored by Eng. Tarek Alkasabi.
- The winner(s) of the award will be notified one week before the date of the ceremony.
Nomination Form click here
The nomination form is available at:
How to Apply
Submit the following documents to the Head of the Scientific Committee of the Award electronically at the address email@example.com on or before 28/2/2019:
- Duly filled nomination form.
- Two copies of the submitted research or Patent or innovation in a PDF format, one of them without the name of the researchers or inventors.
- A copy of the first page of the corresponding published scientific paper, if applied under the first category
- A copy of the corresponding granted patent or innovation, if applied under the second category
- A brief CV of the applicant.
For inquiries please contact the Head of the Scientific Committee on:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Mobile: 0552426111.